Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Imagine not simply evaluating quality, but delivering excellence.
Imagine not only making a paycheck, but making a difference.
Imagine not just having a job, but having a mission.
If you’re a quality assurance expert with an eye for detail and want to be part of something truly special, read on. Because StreamLinx, LLC, is a young, cloud software success story dedicated to solving some of the world’s most vexing energy and environmental problems and we are on the hunt for a QA analyst that thrives on “breaking things” to help our high performing team create greater solutions.
StreamLinx is the maker of SnapCount, the mobile and cloud-based platform that accelerate the adoption of energy efficiency and clean technologies in commercial and industrial buildings. The energy retrofit boom you’ve heard so much about? It’s real, and the technology that supports it originates right here. Our customers include energy retrofit companies,professional engineering firms, energy service companies, clean power entities,public utilities, and electronics distributors. They all share the same objective of reducing energy usage in commercial facilities. And our software speeds that adoption like none other
Which brings us to you. Amid our explosive growth, we’re looking for a detail-oriented analyst with a thorough testing mindset, to ensure we are providing a best of class product to our customers. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team and contribute to making our products more robust by developing and implementing high-quality testing processes. You will have an immediate opportunity to learn our business needs and propose effective approaches to ensure quality solutions for our growing product set. Additionally, you have the chance to expand your QA career by assisting with our automation efforts.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Within the first four weeks:
- Learn how our product functions (Saas, mySQL DB backend, Apache server)
- Sit in on Customer Success Training calls to get familiar with SnapCount's functions and features from the end user's perspective
- Become familiar with our test case repository (TestRail) and sprint process (Agile/Scrum)
- Participate in testing of individual defects and manual regression testing runs
- Document defects found in JIRA for Dev reproduction/review/correction
- Write test cases for new JIRA tickets in TestRail
- Within the first 90 days:
- Be fluent in SnapCount's main feature functionality (Audit/Quote/Catalog functions)
- Create effective test cases and assemble test runs (in TestRail)
- Knowledgeably communicate defects and their severity to dev and other team members.
- Raise issues with product consistency while in testing
- Have exposure with the mobile application to beable to test basic functions.
- Year One and Beyond:
- Become a main driver in testing new features and collaborating on improvements with our Development team
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our quality as a process
- Work as an integral part of the Quality Assurance team to accelerate our release testing time
- Bridge the awareness of up and coming features to our Customer Success team to empower them to confidently handle our customer questions on new releases
That’s the work. Now what about the work-life? We believe in empowering energy optimization through honoring our commitments to our customers and our team. We have an open and casual environment, far from fancy but perfect for our mission. We are growing the company deliberately with our hundreds of happy, raving clients all while maintaining a true start-up culture that values passion and innovation and rewards hard work and high-quality results. We also offer competitive compensation, medical benefits, and free lunch every Friday.
What will it take to join our team?
Realistically, we need someone with at least 1-2 years of prior experience in a Software QA or similar role. Most important is having a whole systems approach to your testing process ensuring that you understand how the entire application is affected by changes. Experience with TestRail or similar test case management software is a plus. The ideal candidate has worked in a JAVA environment and has experience in SQL or other relational database systems. We need someone that is fanatical about finding bugs and creating scenarios to demonstrate them. Practice thriving in an agile environment would be very helpful, but not required if you are a quick study of new tools/techniques. You’ll be working with people, both internal and customers, so your ability to understand the problem at hand, envision the end result, and create a solution to fill the need is critical.
Ready to make a difference in your career, and in the world? Then we want to talk. Start by submitting your resume and salary requirements by clicking the Apply Now button below.