Imagine not simply growing, but achieving mastery.
Imagine not only making a paycheck, but making a difference.
Imagine not just having a job, but pursuing a mission
If you’re inspired by high performing teams and have an extraordinary level of delivery and operational excellence, read on. Because StreamLinx, LLC is a cloud-based software company dedicated to solving some of the world’s most vexing energy and environmental problems and we are searching for a Scrum Master that is ready to escort our development team to a higher echelon.
StreamLinx is the maker of SnapCount, the mobile and cloud-based platform that accelerates the adoption of energy efficiency and clean technologies in commercial and industrial buildings. The energy retrofit boom you’ve heard so much about? It’s real, and the technology that supports it originates right here. Our customers include energy retrofit companies, professional engineering firms, energy service companies, clean power entities,public utilities, and electronics distributors. They all share the same objective of reducing energy usage in commercial facilities. And our software speeds that adoption like none other.
Which brings us to you. We’re looking for a dynamic Scrum Master to keep our development team on pace with the velocity of our product growth.You’ll guide our crew to make sure they are communicating, planning, and prioritizing customer demands and support issues. Be the voice of the team making sure we have the tools and processes in place to meet the business needs, but also be the business within the team, resolving differences where they arise, facilitating original solutions, and driving initiatives that deliver on StreamLinx’s vision.
- Within the first four weeks:
- Master the SnapCount software from the inside out, to gain a true understanding of how our product works and what customers require to be successful in the field
- Ensure team adherence to Agile principles and provide coaching to the Scrum Team(s) on how to execute Scrum Framework
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies (Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, Sprint Retrospectives, Sprint Demos and Story Grooming) and identify improvement opportunities to increase velocity and quality while mitigating risk
- Within the first 90 days:
- Guide the software team from initial design through the testing process to brainstorm optimal designs, innovate them into the code base, and ensure high quality deliverables
- Partner with Product Owner and leadership team to ensure the backlog items are prioritized by business value and to endorse a shared vision and roadmap
- Tackle challenges and impediments within our software without surrendering the stability and quality of code.
- Write stories and acceptance criteria that will enable the team to accurately estimate and develop a solution, as well as, QA enough information to create a test plan that properly tests what is created
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on product and sprint backlogs
- Maintain and communicate the overall velocity and sprint providing visibility to all stakeholders
- Coach the team through Scrum framework by focusing on continuous learning and feedback loops while protecting them from outside influences to ensure the team remains focused on priorities
- Year One and Beyond:
- As a fast-moving software company, we have an aggressive roadmap of features and functions. You will work with the team to consider the future as you build today's functions to ensure the system is ready for these updates
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
- Promote a culture of engagement and collaboration both inside and outside of development team to create awareness and accountability.
That’s the work. Now what about the work-life? It happens in an open and casual environment, far from fancy but perfect for our mission. We are fully invested in empowering energy optimization, but we’re also 100% invested in our people. Anchored by our core values, we foster creativity and innovation and reward passion and ambition. Best of all, as a small company we deliver personal development opportunities. We offer competitive compensation, multiple medical benefits, and free lunch every Friday.
What will it take to join our team?
Realistically, we need with 2+ years proven experience as a Scrum Master. Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) industry certification is a big plus. Most important is a demonstrated expertise running high performance agile software development teams in an elevated growth setting and achieving groundbreaking results.
Prior experience with Jira (burnup/down, board management, administration) is ideal. This candidate should have relentlessly high standards, employs divergent thinking, and is never satisfied with the status quo. Examples of you and your team’s ability to deliver by transforming an idea or a need into a completed solution or product will be highly valued. You’ll be working with people, both internal and customers, so your ability to understand the problem at hand, envision the end-result, and create a solution to fill the need is critical.
Ready to make a difference in your career, and in the world? Then we want to talk. Start by clicking the apply now button below.