To ensure rapid adoption of our revolutionary Software-as-a-Service products, our communications need to be crisp, attractive and effective. As Technical Writer, you will be responsible for creating and writing impressive documentation, including how-to guides, references, manuals, on-line help and instructions. Your activities will include working with product, engineering and marketing personnel, explaining technical ideas in simple language, integrating drawings and specifications, and working in accordance with the StreamLinx editorial calendar.
- Works closely with software developers, QA engineers, and other subject matter experts to research, develop, write, and update content for engineering manuals, documentation, on-line help, and supporting materials for software, and technical procedures.
- Acts as a liaison between both Marketing/Sales and Engineering Departments while writing positive and informative end user documentation and continually striving to improve the quality of our product and training documentation.
- Communicates with Sales, Marketing, Engineering, and Quality personnel to become familiar with product products and services.
- Organizes material and completes writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Edits, standardizes, or makes changes to material prepared by other writers or staff.
- Reviews published materials and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction.
- Selects photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate technical material.
- Assists in laying out material for publication.
- Analyzes developments in specific field to determine need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new material.
Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS in information technology, computer science, journalism, communications or similar curriculum
- Experience using MS Office Suite of products (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong technical writing and organization skills
- Willingness to learn new industries and concepts
- Familiarity with the energy or retrofit fields is a bonus